Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Lord is Faithful... {WAW #81}

This week's focus verse at Word Art Wednesday is 2 Thessalonians 3:3 which says, "But the Lord is faithful who shall stablish you and keep you from evil."  I don't know about you but I could camp out on the first 5 words of that verse forever.  "But the Lord is faithful...."  In our world today, it seems like integrity and faithfulness are forgotten character qualities. Dictionary.com defines faithfulness as: true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.; reliable, trusted, or believed.  Our God is One who always keeps His promises and is always reliable and able to be trusted.  I hope that comforts you and gives you the sense of security that it does me.



For my card this week, I used Mojo Monday's sketch (MOJO294) for the card design. I let the papers do most of the work and {for me} kept things fairly simple.  I added some stickles to the flowers in the bottom panel and as accents across the top.  Stickles make everything better, right?  :)  Some faux stitching also adds some definition to the edges of the papers.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey (Picadilly 6 x 6 pad)
WordArt by Karen Murray for Word Art Wednesday
Embellishments/Tools:  crochet lace (Hobby Lobby), baker's twine (Jillibean), rhinestones (Queen & Co. - Baby Blue), CM Fine tip pen (black), Stickles (Star Dust), Spellbinders (Labels Four, Labels Four Small)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Terrifically Thrilling Thursday (Shelly's Images) - Anything Goes
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - 1-2-3 {I used 1 image, 2 trims -baker's twine & crocheted lace, 3 patterned papers - solid blue, blue figured, floral}
LEJ Designs #54 - Diecuts or Punches (I used Spellbinders for my diecuts)
Delightful Challenge - Bingo (I used stitching (faux), ribbon/lace & patterned paper)


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a wonderful week.

7 comments:

Faye said...

Stephanie, I love the wonderful combination of papers you have used for this beautiful card.

Lawren said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for joining Delightful Challenges.

Lawren - DT

Debbie said...

Beautiful DPs!! The faux stitching really sets it all off!!

Susan M said...

Your card is beautiful ! The paper is so pretty and the scripture really stands out in that lovely die cut frame.

Unknown said...

Very nice card. Thank you for joining in over at LEJ Designs . Seema LEJ DT

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you so much for hoining in our current challenge over on the LEJ Designs Challenge No 54 - Die Cuts and /or Punches

Beautiful card. Reminds me of a summer day. Lovely papers and lovely sentiment on the diecut toppers.

I hope you will join us again for our future weekly challenges as there are always excellent prizes up for grabs.

Hugs Lisa xxxx LEJ Designs DT

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. I love your combination of papers. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Shelly's Images Blog.
-Shelly
Shelly's Images.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...