Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Mother's Day is a day we honor our moms and their influence in our lives.  I was blessed with a godly mom who not only taught me what it meant to love my husband and children but lived her life as an example of what she was teaching me.   She truly exemplified the Proverbs 31 woman.  Mom passed away in 1992.  Mother's Day is probably the day I miss her more than any other day of the year.

My mother-in-law is also a godly woman who models the Proverbs 31 woman.  The card I'm sharing with you today is one I made for her.  My mother-in-law likes my cards and that makes it even more enjoyable to make them for her.  We were able to go visit her today  -- she was able to be with both of her sons on Mother's Day.  That's a treat I no longer take for granted.

Details on the card:


I tried the starburst technique I found in the tutorial section on the Operation Write Home website.  It was an easy to follow tutorial and I think I'll be using this technique again.  I just layered some cardstock and patterned paper on the inside so that my husband would have plenty of room to write his message.

Supplies:
WordArt - Karen Murray for WordArt Wednesday
Cardstock - Georgia Pacific, Bazzill
DSP - Stampin' Up
Ink - Memento (Angel Pink)
Tools/Embellishments - Crocheted trim (Hobby Lobby), Sakura Micron .01 Black Pen, Spellbinders (Classic Ovals Large, Floral Ovals)

I'm entering this card in these challenges:
WordArt Wednesday  - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays #154 - For a Special Woman
Shopping Our Stash #100 - Mother's Day or Pink (the paper has been in my stash for a long time and used mostly scraps)
Going Gray with Scrap Creations - Mother's Day
Chocolate Coffee & Cards Challenge #38 - Mother's Day
Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes & Use 2 or more patterned papers
V's Sweet Ideas Blog VSC #11 - Mother's Day Challenge


Today, I'm also thankful for the privilege of being "Mom" to our son and daughter.  They are our two greatest blessings.  We are so thankful that they, along with their spouses, love the Lord and seek to follow Him.  And of course, I love being "Mimi" to our precious Sir Cuteness.

Since I'm feeling nostalgic today (aka missing our children), I'm closing with one of my favorite (and rare) pics of me with our children when they were 3 and 7. {Moms, don't forget to have someone else be the photographer sometimes.  When you're at my stage of life, you'll be glad you did.}




4 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

What a precious photo - where do those years go? Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful card with us in our challenge (on the last week you will be able to play along) woo -hoo - I'm SO excited to have you join us.
Have a blessed day!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Leslie Hanna said...

What a great photo. And I really like the feminie papers on your starburst card. I'm going to have to try that.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Joanne said...

Your card is lovely! You did a FAB job on your star burst technique! You paper combo is super, and a really nice card! Thanx so much fo playing along with us at CC&CC. Joanne

Dewi Lestari said...

Absolutely lovely! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Mother's Day
Hugs
Dewi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...