Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Date Night Thank You Card

I have a thank you card to share with you today that also includes the essentials for a date night.  Our daughter & son-in-law had a couple they wanted to give a special gift to as a thank you for all the time they invested in helping them get ready for the wedding.  I was asked to make a card that would hold a gift card to a restaurant and some type of "coupon" for free baby-sitting. The husband was the one that gave the most assistance (he did their pre-marital counseling) so I wanted the card to have a more masculine feel.  This is what I ended up making....



For the front, I thought the paisley paper and brown and blue color scheme gave it a masculine feel.  And while it does have ribbon, since it's sheer, I thought it was subtle enough to keep the masculine theme. A decorative brad helps anchor the ribbon.  I really like this digi stamp.  I got it from Daydream Designs {sadly they are no longer in business}.  Simple matting and photo corners complete the front.



When you open up the card, I made a double pocket card for the left side. It hold the restaurant gift card and a tag/coupon for free babysitting.  To make the double pocket panel, I started with a piece of cardstock that was 4" x 12".  I scored it at 4" & 8".  I lined up the score line at 8" with a spot on the left edge about 2" up from the bottom and cut a diagonal line.  Then when I folded mountain & valley style on the score lines, I ended up with 2 pockets (I hope I didn't make that sound as clear as mud -- here's a rough diagram to show what I mean.



I added patterned paper to each panel and then used Scor-Tape to secure the edges.  I used Scor-tape to adhere the entire panel to the left inside of the card.  Yes, this does make this a heavier/bulkier card.  It would definitely cost extra postage.  However, since I knew it was being hand delivered I didn't have to worry about that. :) I generated the message in the circle on the computer and die cut it with nesties.  I layered some patterned paper and cream cardstock to give a decorative space to write their thank you note.



For the tag/coupon, I generated the message on the computer and inked the edges of the paper.  I layered it on patterned paper and then mounted that on the tag. A Spellbinders Labels 22 die was used to add the edge on the top of the tag.  To do this, I cut the tag narrow enough to fit through the  biggest die and brought the end of the paper through the middle of the die so that only the top edge was being cut.  An eyelet and bakers twine finished off the tag.


Supplies
Cardstock: The Paper Studio (cream), Recollections (kraft), Bazzill (navy)
Patterned Paper - The Paper Studio
Ink:  Memento (Paris Dusk)
Digi Stamp - Daydream Designs
Embellishments/Tools:  ribbon (Offray), twine (The Twinery), brad (The Paper Studio), Spellbinders (Classic Squares Large & Small, Classic Circles Large & Small, Labels 22), eyelet (American Crafts)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Inky Chicks #4 - Blue & Brown
LEJ Designs Challenge #53 - Borders and/or Corners (I chose corners)
My Time to Craft #221 - Show us the inside (decorate the inside to coordinate with the outside)
Clear it Out Challenge - Anything Goes with at least two patterned papers
Cupcake Craft Challenge #242 - Lots of Layers

Thanks for visiting this evening.  Be sure to stop back tomorrow morning.  I have exciting news to share.

5 comments:

Judith said...

This is such a lovely idea and what have made is just perfect - I love the masculine feel to it (without being manly - if you know what i mean) and its fab inside too! - thanks for joining in with our challenge at MTTC this week hugs Judith x

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for joining the LEJ Designs Challenge #53 - Borders and/or Corners over on our blog.
This is wonderful Inside and Out. The papers are gorgeous and I love the textured looking photo corners. This is a great make and looks so professional.

I hope you will join us for more of our weekly challenges. There are always gorgeous LEJ Designs images up for grabs as well as extras from our sponcers.

Hugs Lisa xxxxxx LEJ DT Member

Unknown said...

This is just so cool - love the idea and the performance! :) perfect card and a gift!
Have a nice day!

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is a great project Sweetie x
Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck.

stamp-color-and create said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us on the Clear It Out Challenge Blog. Good luck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...